Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Croque Balmer!

Now I know a traditional Croque Monsieur involves cheese AND ham....but Mr B and I had other ideas!

When we were in Paris last week (I mean honestly, how often do you get to say that?!) we saw these delicious little sandwiches everywhere, but unfortunately most of the time they were pre-made and simply reheated when you ordered them and when we finally got to try one at the airport as we were heading home, it was a touch dry. Never fear, Tuesday night dinners are here!

So when Mum and Dad came for dinner last night they were greeted with the vegetarian version of this dish and not only was it super easy, but it was absolutely scrumptious!!


All you will need for 4 serves is:

8 slices of bread
4 slices of tasty cheese
1 cup of bechamel sauce
1.5 cups grated cheese - I use an Italian blend including romano and parmesan
Salt and Pepper
Green Salad to serve

Pre-heat oven to 150C

Make up 4 sandwiches with a slice of cheese in each.

Toast the sandwiches in a sandwich press until golden.

Place sandwiches in a baking dish and pour over bechamel. Top with grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.

Bake for 15-20 mins or until cheese is melted and golden.

Serve with salad and enjoy!

But wait...there's more!

It has been quite some time since I've showed you some fancy new shoes and today when Mum and I went shopping at lunch time...look what followed us home!!


How adorable are these!?!?! I may have worn them around the office all afternoon....I may be wearing them now with my work pants...and my dressing gown....I may never take them off!

Happy Wednesday people!!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...