Sunday, May 15, 2011

WW Card File Challenge #2 and #3 - Slices!!

Ok so blogger and I, not exactly on speaking terms at the moment. I had written a huge post on all the different types of rice pudding OH and I have been trying this week, there was vanilla, decadent chocolate, vanilla with raspberry sauce, strawberry, strawberry over a base of gooey chocolate cake...it was good, it was mind blowing and mout watering and when I went to check on it on Saturday when blogger decided to speak to me again, it was gone. Gone I say. I could have cried. But instead I turned the computer off and took myself out to lunch with a friend to forget about it. It is now Saturday night and I'm here, but I'm still giving blogger the silent treatment. But just because blogger and I aren't speaking doesn't mean you should all miss out too coz I made some damn good slices this week as part of my Women's Weekly Card File Challenge and I want to share them with you :)


Look good don't they? The thing I love about these card file recipes are that they are old fashioned classics and not only that, they are easy too!


First off we have the Apple Slice (although I must confess I threw some peaches in there too!)

You will need:
185g butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1.5 cups plain flour
1 tspn cinnamon
1 tspn allspice
400g pie apple
800g peach halves
(Combine the apple and peach so they are nearly smooth, I used my potato masher :) )
2 tbspns white sugar

Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the sifted flour and spices.

Spread half the mixture over the bottom of a lined slice tin. Spread evenly with the combined apple and peaches.

Spread remaining mixture over the top. The mixture will be hard to spread so just dot it over the top and they will connect during cooking.

Sprinkle with remaining sugar and bake at 180C for around 50 mins or until golden.


And this one proved to be so popular with the ladies at work, it was all gone before I got to sit the plate on the counter! But what was even better then that was hearing everyone talking about how it reminded them of baking with their Mothers or Grandmothers :)

All you need for the Raspberry Coconut Slice is:

90g butter
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup plain flour
2 tbspn cornflour
1/2 cup raspberry jam
2 tbspns butter
2 tbspns caster sugar
1/2 tspn vanilla
1 egg
1.5 cups coconut
2 tbspns self raising flour

Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Agg the egg and beat well. Stir in the flour and cornflour and mix well.

Spread the mixture into a lined slice tin and pour the raspberry jam over.

Make your topping by creaming the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the egg, flour and coconut and beat well.

Spread the topping over the jam and bake at 180C for 25 mins.

Enjoy!! :)

And last but certainly not least....


My darling Mother made this for dessert last night....oh yes, if we thought the bowls of her famous pumpkin soup served with toasted turkish pide (which, by the way, was filled with cheese and balsamic!) were awesome...well we were right...but this dessert was mighty impressive!! Think chocolate mousse layered with strawberry champagne sauce, flake chocolate and whipped cream, layers upon layers of goodness, topped with a shard of caramel mousse filled chocolate?? Hello heaven!!

Apologies for the small photo but I only had my phone with me!!

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!! I have missed you!!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...