Friday, May 20, 2011

Caramel Mud Cupcakes

Last night I was getting ready to make a carrot cake for work today when I realised it's been some time since I've made cupcakes...far too long in fact.

So I ditched the carrot cake (sorry old faithful...maybe next week we will meet again) and I started looking through my favourite cupcake book for a recipe, I knew exactly what I wanted to make...Caramel Mud Cupcakes.

You need:

100g white chocolate
125g butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup golden syrup (due to the lack of golden syrup I used 1/4 cup of maple syrup and 2 tbspn honey instead)
2/3 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup plain flour
1/3 cup self raising flour

Combine the chocolate, butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey and milk in a bowl and microwave for 50 seconds. Give it a good stir and then microwave for a further 50 seconds or until melted. Stir the mixture until well combined and sit to cool for 15 mins.

Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 150C (fan forced) and line a 12 hole muffin pan with cases (although I actually got 16 cupcakes out of this recipe).

Once the wet mix has had time to cool, sift in plain flour, self raising flour and egg. Beat well.

Fill cases about 3/4 full with mixture and bake for around 20-25 mins or until they bounce back when touched.

You could top these with a maple or vanilla flavoured frosting, but I think they will be delicious just the way they are.

Oh my god they were good! The maple syrup was the perfect addition but be warned they are more-ish....I ended up having two...OH claimed the rest for his lunches so I had to make the carrot cake for work after all!! The tops had a crunchy caramelised taste, the cakes themselves were dense but still soft and delicious...these are a definetly a keeper!!

Lol and here is a photo of OH's 'snack pack' for work today...two caramel mud cupcakes, a whiskey ball (I had no rum for rum balls!) and some jelly cheesecake slice :)


Happy Friday everyone!!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...