Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

So we all have Mothers yes?

We all love them to pieces and want to spoil them yes?

Stuck for ideas on the best way to spoil your Mum tomorrow?

How about these Monte Carlo Biscuits?


Look impressive don't they?

Here's how it's done :)

You need:

125g butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tspn vanilla
1 egg
3/4 cup of self raising flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1/3 cup coconut
1/2 cup strawberry jam
And for the buttercream you will need:
60g butter
3/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 tspn vanilla essence

Preheat the oven to 160C fan forced and line 3 trays with baking paper.

Beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until combined.

Sift flours over the butter mixture and beat well. Stir in coconut.

Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls and place on trays 3cms apart. Using a fork lightly flatten each ball to 1cm thick.

Bake for 12-15 mins or until lightly golden. Stand on trays to cool for 10-15 mins.

While the biscuits are cooling you can make the buttercream - Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.

Spread half of the biscuits with the butter cream and spread the other half with the jam. Sandwich together and serve :)

I made a big batch of these last night and will be giving them to all the Mum's at the family lunch today.

So I hope all you Mum's out there are thoroughly spoilt today, brekkie in bed, a nice sleep in, champagne in the bath and at the very least, a plate of home made Monte Carlo biscuits :)

And to my Mum.... we may have our differences, but you are always there for me when I need you, you listen to my ramblings, you go along with my phases, you look after me, you made me who I am today and I love you dearly xx

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

Em xx

1 comment:

  1. these look beautiful!am going to try them! - and what a lovely tribute to your Mum you wrote - just found this blog, will be back - maree

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...