Monday, November 1, 2010

Moroccan Your Socks Off!!!

That is what my OH says whenever we have Moroccan inspired / flavoured stuff for tea. And this Moroccan Hot Pot definetly rocked our socks off! And it was so very easy too, plus the combination of moroccan marinade and light and creamy evaportated milk was pretty awesome, next time we might try it with some coconut milk to just give it that hint of coconutty goodness....anyway, if you are wondering what I am on about here is the dish


And here is the recipe!

Moroccan Hot Pot
500g diced lean lamb
1 onion diced
200g sweet potato diced
1 pkt Masterfoods Moroccan marinade
185ml Light and Creamy Evaporated Milk
2 zucchini diced
1 cup of chickpeas
2 tspns cornflour

Add the lamb and onion to a heavy based casserole dish and cook until meat is browned.
Add sweet potato, marinade and 1 cup of water. Cover and let simmer for 10 mins or until sweet potato is tender.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered for another 5 mins or until sauce thickens.
Serve with rice, cous cous or warm crusty bread......so easy and the lamb is so tender no one will know you haven't had the casserole in the oven for the last 2 hours! Great for a quick after work meal!

Now onto more important things such as dessert! Tonight we are test driving Aunt Betty's Raspberry Jelly Jiggle ice cream topping, sounds impressive huh! In my head I am kinda picturing it as a jelly version of ice magic....ohhh I haven't had ice magic in years - possibly due to my tendency to eat it out of the bottle, but that is besides the point. I am off to the kitchen and will be back shortly with the results!


Excuse me while I go back for seconds! Ok so it was pretty much just jelly in a bottle and pretty much the same as having jelly and ice cream for dessert, but I mean seriously how good is jelly and ice cream!! The jelly jiggle is made with real raspberry juice and has a real raspberry flavour as opposed to some of the artificial flavourings you get in some products. All in all we are big fans!!

Ok thats enough from me, I'm off to bed!!

Em x

2 comments:

  1. Your Moroccan Hot Pot looks delicious. Jelly Jiggle?!! This sounds so weird! I will defiantly have to find it and try it out. Yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm you reminded me we are having left over hot pot tonight!!

    Lol I found it at Woollies and had to get some to try, could probably have done the same thing if I had made some jelly, but then I wouldn't have been able to say 'jelly jiggle' all night! Comes in a green slime flavour too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...