Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween Baking #2 - Entering Pumpkin Overload...

...I actually think I have entered pumpkin overload and emerged out the other side....my Dad on the other hand is going to be experiencing pumpkin overload for quite some time. Let me tell you why....

Given that Halloween is next weekend I thought I better get to moving with my Halloween baking...so today I decided to make little pumpkin pies and pumpkin whoopie pies. Being from Australia, I have heard of whoopie pies before from reading American blogs, but I have never tried one or seen one in the flesh so I was slightly concerned because I didn't know what the texture or anything should be like but I am so glad I gave them a shot, have a look!


I was really happy with the way these came out and they taste delicious! The best way I can explain it is like two pumpkin pancakes sandwiched together with cream cheese icing. They were so easy to make, I think I will try some red velvet ones next time!

And then there were these lil sweethearts


A really lovely combination of pumpkin, allspice, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla and a touch of sugar, poured into some lil shortcrust pastry cases and then baked. OH thinks they have a slight custard tart flavour...kinda like a pumpkin custard tart maybe? But they have that lovely sweet delicate pumpkin flavour and being bite sized they are perfect to have with a cup of tea in the afternoon!

So this afternoon I took my Dad a shipment of pumpkin blondies, pumpkin pies and pumpkin whoopie pies as well as some mars bar slice (to break up all the pumpkin!) so I think by the end of the week he will be well and truly entering pumpkin overload!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...