Sunday, October 17, 2010

Halloween Baking #1 - Pumpkin Blondies

So as I said the other day, my goal for October was to try a new Halloween themed recipe every week. Last night I made the first recipe on my list....Pumpkin Blondies


I was a bit hesitant about this recipe initially. I am all for pumpkin pie and pumpkin muffins, but pumpkin in the form of a brownie I was not so sure about...but I thought I would give it a go and boy am I glad I did! These blondies were super easy to make and the end result is a soft chewy pumpkin and white chocolate flavoured blondie with the subtle hints of allspice. I will definetly be adding these to my regular baking rotation!!

To make these delicious Pumpkin Blondies you will need

2 cups plain flour
2 tspns allspice
1 tspn baking soda
3/4 tspn salt
250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tspn vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree (I used 1 cup of severely mashed pumpkin)
1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with baking paper.
In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
Mix in the pumpkin.
With the mixer on low speed add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Fold in the white chocolate.
Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake until the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs, about 35-40 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely before cutting.

Seriously, give these a try!!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...