Saturday, October 5, 2013

Salmon with Brown Rice, Quinoa and Vegetables

A few months ago I signed up to be a 'taste tester' on taste.com.au. It's sort of like a volunteer process where you let them know what your interests are and occasionally they might send you a product to review on their website. I am all for free stuff so even if the chance of them actually sending me something was fairly low I was still keen to give it a try just in case.....

To be honest after I signed up I didn't really think much more of it and had completely forgotten about it by the time a packet of Sunrice 90 Second Brown Rice and Quinoa showed up in the mail box which led to a very confusing few moments wondering why someone had sent me rice......

Once I got over the initial excitement at actually having been sent something to try I entered full blown panic about what exactly I was going to make with it.

After coming up with all sorts of complicated and fancy ideas, the one that was most appealing was actually the easiest one and it doesn't get much easier (or much tastier!) then this simple salmon, brown rice, quinoa and vegetable stir fry.


Salmon with Brown Rice, Quinoa and Vegetables - Serves 2

1 x 250 pkt Sunrice 90 Second Brown Rice and Quinoa
200g smoked salmon ( I use Tassall's Smoked Salmon for Cooking)
1 x head of broccoli finely diced
6 x spears of aspargus trimmed and cut into thirds
1/3 cup diced spring onions
1.5 tbspns soy sauce

In a fry pan over medium-high heat, combine the salmon, broccoli, asparagus, and spring onion. Cook for 5-7 mins stirring occasionally.

Cook the brown rice and quinoa as per packet directions.

Add the soy sauce, brown rice and quinoa to the pan and cook for a further 3-5 mins or until salmon is cooked. Serve hot.


I was really surprised at just how delicious this was but it just goes to show sometimes simple and fresh is the way to go.

Enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...