Sunday, October 7, 2012

Triple Chocolate Jersey Caramel Brownies

It's Sunday afternoon and I am plum tuckered out. It's been a busy weekend so far and Mr B is still outside working on the pergola and I'm still inside plodding through my to-do list. It's not all work though, last night Mr B and I went to a restaurant called Asian Gourmet and had an amazing meal of Lettuce Duck Rolls for entree followed by Sechuan Salt and Pepper Squid for main....hands down, best asian meal I've ever had. And then we went bowling and I actually won....but then I got a bit excited and decided we should play a second game and I lost....obviously I peaked too early. Aside from a lovely night out with Mr B, the boring to-do lists and mundane chores is always broken up by watching our two little mischief makers play in the yard - see how much they've grown!  


The little girl, Blossom is definitely the ring leader....she might look small and innocent, but if there's mischief to be had, she is right there in the thick of it and Loud Mouth is never far behind! Mr B and I are constantly amazed at their antics and can easily sit down and spend hours watching them play.

In the absence of lambs to brighten your day, may I suggest these Triple Chocolate Jersey Caramel Brownies? These are bites of fudgey, chocolatey, caramel heaven and the only issue I had with making them was hiding the jersey caramels from Mr B. For the last few weeks I've been buying a packet of caramels, leaving it in the cupboard and on the weekend when I go to get them for baking, they're gone! So the next week I do the same thing all over again to no avail. This week I tried something completely random and put the jersey caramels in the lolly jar on the kitchen bench in plain sight of everyone.....and you know what, they were still there when I came to use them!


You will need:

125 g butter
120g dark chocolate melts
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups plain flour
2 tbspn cocoa
1 cup mixed chocolate bits (I used a mixture of milk, white and caramel)
1 cup of jersey caramels, sliced thinly

Preheat oven to 180C

Line a slice tin with baking paper.

Place butter and dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl in the microwave and heat in 45 second bursts (stirring in between) until smooth.

Stir in sugar.

Whisk eggs into chocolate mixture until combined.br /> Add sifted flour and cocoa. Whisk to combine.

Fold in chocolate bits.

Spread mixture into prepared pan and scatter jersey caramels over the top. Press down lightly. Bake for 20 - 30 mins or until top is firm to touch.

Set aside to cool before slicing or eat it straight out of the pan....and say HELLO to delicious-ness

Mrs B xx

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...