Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ghoulishly Good Treats

So do you ever have those times where your walking along with your ear phones in, listening to music and a catchy song comes on? All of a sudden you start tapping your hand on your leg, then your head starts bobbing, you start humming along and before you know it you're singing at the top of your lungs, doing the occasional air guitar solo and you realise you are now walking through quite an upper class suburb....well that was me at lunch time today. Needless to say I turned around and swiftly walked back the way I came!! 

Anyway with Halloween right around the corner, last weekend I decided to get my bake on and make some of my Mum's pumpkin muffins which are always a hit. Mr B has kept half for his lunches and I gave half to Mum and Dad as they won't have a chance to make their own this year.



And I remembered I had a heap of egg whites in the freezer so I decided to play around with some meringues too! I used 4 egg whites and beat them with an electric mixer until they were thick and foamy. Then I added 1 cup of caster sugar and just left them mixing away until the mixture was like marshmallow thick. I greased and lined some baking trays and got to piping some bones and little ghosts. I also made a stack of meringue nests which are always handy to keep in the cupboard for desserts. Once the meringues were done I just used some black food dye to dot on the eyes of the ghosts. Aren't they cute! 



Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...