Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Choc-Chip Nutella Cookies

For some unknown reason we have had 1/2 a jar of nutella sitting in the cupboard for AGES now. Mr B has stopped taking sandwiches to work and started taking salads so the only way that jar was going to disappear was if I kept eating it or if I cooked something with it. I asked Mr B if he would like some Nutella Stuffed Pikelets in his lunches this week and his eyes lit up with excitement. So needless to say he gave me 'the look' when he came inside on Sunday after working his butt off and found these Choc-Chip Nutella Cookies sitting on the bench.....

BUT in my defence, I had intended to make these long before I found the stuffed pikelet recipe and then I lost this recipe and found the pikelet one and then I found this one again....the universe was obviously telling me to make the cookies like right now, but to make the pikelets next weekend! I can totally do that.

Mr B is not a biscuit person unless they are chewy....these are a touch on the cakey side, but apparently, so my chief taste tester tells me, they are still nice and chewy and the chocolate chips break all that evil cakey-ness up.


You will need:

125g butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup hazelnut spread (like Nutella)
1 3/4 cups plain flour
1 tspn baking powder
3/4 cup milk and white chocolate chips

Pre-heat oven to 160C

Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.

Cream butter and sugar together using an electric mixer. Add egg and nutella and beat well.

Add flour and baking powder. Mix well.

Stir through the chocolate chips.

Roll tbspns of the mixture into balls and place on the trays 3cm apart . Use a fork to flatten slightly.

Bake for 12 mins. Allow to cool on trays - they will firm up as they cool, but remain chewy and soft on the inside.

Enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...