Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chicken, Leek and Cheddar Tart

You know how sometimes for like your birthday or Christmas you get some really dodgy presents that show next to no thought? Like I know if someone brought me say a book on modern physics I would be highly un-enthused....but if they get me anything shoe, tattoo, kitchen, cooking, baking, pin-up, vampire related I am one happy little vegemite. Plus I am very lucky to be surrounded by people who put alot of thought and effort into their present buying so I haven't had to poke anyone's eye out with a candle just yet......

Which brings me to what we had for dinner last night, you see for my birthday a few weeks ago, one of my beautiful friends brought me a cookbook called Delicious Baking. This cookbook is very dangerous....every single recipe in there looks and sounds amazing to the point where you may possibly drown in your own drool or you will bake so much that you will be buried alive under a pile of backed goods - personally I think the second option is a pretty good way to go! So last night when Mum and Dad came for dinner, I knew exactly what to make. This Chicken, Leek and Cheddar tart has seen a few alterations from the original recipe in the book, but it really was easy and delicious plus the layer of mustard gives it a real flavour kick!


You will need

8 sheets filo pastry
30g butter + 1 tbspn melted butter extra
2 large leeks (sliced)
3 thyme sprigs (or 1 tbspn Gourmet Garden thyme)
2-3 tbspns wholegrain mustard
1 cup shredded bbq chicken
3 eggs
300ml thickened cream
120g vintage cheddar cheese (shredded)

Pre-heat oven to 180C

Line a tart pan or quiche dish with filo. To get good coverage of the sides you might place 4 sheets horizontally and 4 sheets vertically or just layer them individually and overlap them around the dish.

Brush with melted butter.

Heat the remaining butter in a fry pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and thyme and cook for 5-10 minutes or until leeks are tender.

Spread the mustard over the base of the tart. Top with leeks and chicken.

In a bowl or large jug, whisk together the eggs and cream. Stir through the cheese and season well with salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken and leek.

Bake for 25-30 mins or until golden and set. Serve warm with salad and / or steamed vegies.

Enjoy!

Oh and before I go - Hi Michelle!!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...