Friday, September 28, 2012

Mocha Fudge Self Saucing Pudding

Mr B and I both had today off work, so when Mr B got up early to go help my Dad line his shed out, I thought about staying in bed with a book all day, but then I remembered my to-do list was kinda long. Fudge. Funnily enough I managed to get a heap of stuff done and squeezed in some serious impulse buying, a visit to Mum and won the most awesome daughter / wife ever prize for delivering fish and chips to the boys for lunch. Then I came home to discover our lambies have learnt how to escape from their pen.....well one of them has, Blossom was running around the yard crying and Loud Mouth was running around the pen crying - they really don't like being apart! Seeing as they were just as freaked out as I was so I don't think they will be doing that again, plus when I put Blossom back in the pen, Loud Mouth gave her a good head butt just to show her what he really thought! So then I came inside, hid the impulse shopping and set myself up on the couch where I could watch for escaping lambs and generally just did all the things I never seem to have time for....like putting photos in albums, Ebay shopping and writing non-rushed blog posts!


This is my Dad's recipe for Mocha Fudge Self Saucing Pudding - I remember having it when I was little and it was always such a treat. I love the way the sauce goes all thick and fudgey and glossy and I love the way it reminds me of sneaking into the fridge when I was younger to steal the gooiest, fudgiest bits off the leftover pudding. Plus on a cold rainy night there is nothing better then a bowl of this pudding with a good dollop of cream.

Mocha Fudge Self Saucing Pudding

You will need

1 cup self raising flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 tbspns cocoa + 1/3 cup extra
1/2 cup milk
70g butter, melted
1 tspn vanilla essence
.75 cup brown sugar
1.5 cups strong black coffee

Pre-heat oven to 180C

In a large bowl combine the flour, caster sugar and 2 tbspns of the cocoa.

Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Spoon mixture into a round casserole dish.

Combine the brown sugar with the remaining cocoa and sprinkle over the pudding batter.

Carefully pour the coffee mixture over the batter.

Bake for around 50 mins and enjoy with a view like this!
 

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...