Saturday, March 24, 2012

Let's talk lemon and coconut....

with a little bit of lime thrown in for good measure!!

May I suggest if you are looking for a moist, light yet dense cake worthy of lunchboxes, morning teas, afternoon teas...hell it's even worthy of being toasted with butter for breakfast or heated up with cream for dessert....if you are looking for a cake that ticks all the boxes....try this one....honestly....

Lemon and Coconut Loaf
125g butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
rind from 1 lemon + 2 tbspns juice
1 tbspn lime juice
2 eggs
1 and 1/3 cup self raising flour
3/4 cup dessicated coconut
1 cup milk

Pre-heat the oven to 180C

Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the lemon rind and lemon and lime juice. Beat until combined.

Add the flour, eggs, milk and coconut and beat well.

Pour the mixture in a greased and lined loaf tin and bake for around 50 mins until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Allow to cool in the tin before removing. Now personally I find this cake much better if you wrap it up and leave in the fridge overnight and as always, best served with friends x


And what sort of wife would I be if I didn't show you the amazing potato topped beef pie that Mr B cooked for us the other night....chunks of tender beef and vegetables in a herbed gravy topped with crispy potatoes....it had us both drooling at the oven door!!


And on that note, I have been trying to convince Mr B to do a guest post here on the blog, he cooks once a week in our house and comes up with some delicious creations, plus this weekend he helped me make the hot cross buns and I have to say, he rocked the party....but he's is a bit dubious about the whole thing and some of the excuses I've heard include...

What would I write?
Who would be interested!
I have nothing to say!
I don't even cook that well?!
It'd take me forever to type out!

And as the every loving supportive wife do you know what I say???

Blah Blah Blah....and something about how he needs to just get over it!

So I'd like to put it to you, you're the reader...would you like to see Mr B do a guest post?? I know I would!

Mrs B xx

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...