Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lime and Chilli Chicken Burgers

A few weeks ago at work I was given a bag of small limes and told to 'bake my little heart out' with them....now to me that was a great idea, I had never cooked with fresh limes before and immediately buried myself in recipes trying to figure out what to create....I even asked OH what he would like me to make with them as he loves lime flavoured meals....minor detail that the bag of 'limes' turned out to be dwarf lemons...I soldiered on with the sweet dishes I wanted to make but I thought for OH's savoury dish I better get an actual lime as Lemon and Chilli Chicken Burgers just didn't have the same ring to it!

Anyway, these burgers were super easy, full of flavour and relatively healthy! I think they would make fantastic kebabs or meatloaf as well but even just serving the burgers in rolls with fresh salad would be a simple and delicious meal.


Lime and Chilli Chicken Burgers
500g chicken breast
2 tspn crushed ginger
2 tspn crushed garlic
1 tbspn soy sauce
1 tbspn brown sugar
1 tspn crushed chilli
Juice from 2 small limes

Pre-heat oven to about 180C.

Now all I did was put all the ingredients into the food processor and give them a good whizz. Once they were well and truly processed I just shaped them into patties
and placed them on a lined oven tray. Bake for 20-25mins or until golden.

Serve with salad and fresh rolls or steamed vegies.

A quick and easy mid-week meal that will have people believing you spent hours preparing it and in total dis-belief when they find out it took all of 5 minutes!

Happy Wednesday!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...