Friday, August 26, 2011

Lemon Chicken - the lighter way!

My god....can I just start off by saying thank crikey it's Friday! This morning started off fairly slow at work....slow to the point where I was concerned the day was going to drag....however the universe heard my call (possibly a little too clearly) and things got very hectic very quick! My brain hurts, I'm tired, I'm hungry, I would like something alcoholic, possibly combined with ice cream and hot chips whilst getting a nice relaxing massage. But let's be honest...that's not going to happen...and it would also most likely be nothing like it is in my imagination...so instead I made this lemon chicken, now I'm sitting down in my pjs, with my feet up, drinking a cold midori and lemonade sharing the recipe with you, and there is ice cream in the freezer and macaroons in the cupboard so it's not all bad.

OH asked me to make chinese lemon chicken earlier in the week and I thought it sounded like a great idea, but all the recipes I could find involved deep frying the chicken and that just didn't work for me. So we made some slight adjustments and this is what we ended up with.......


Lemon Chicken
500g diced chicken breast
2 tbspns plain flour
salt and pepper
1 tbspn cornflour
1 tbspn cold water
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tbspn honey
Fried or Steamed Rice to serve

Combine the chicken, plain flour, salt and pepper in a freezer bag. Give it a good shake to coat the chicken.

In a greased fry pan over medium high heat, cook the chicken until a light golden colour.

Whilst the chicken is cooking, combine the cornflour and cold water in a jug and stir to form a paste. Add the lemon juice, stock and honey. Heat the mixture in the microwave for 40 seconds and stir to combine. You may want to season with salt and pepper. Let the mixture sit and cool whilst the chicken is cooking.

Once the chicken has is nearly done, pour the sauce into the pan and stir to coat chicken. Cook for 3-4 mins. Once the chicken is cooked remove the pan from the heat. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools. Serve with fried rice, steamed rice or steamed vegies :)

I hope you have all had a great week and have fantastic things planned for you weekends :) I am making orange (the colour, not the fruit or the flavour or even the town!) themed cupcakes for a little boy's birthday tomorrow afternoon and I have been asked to make a Lego cake for another little boy's birthday next week! And did I mention I think I have found a new car?? Definetly some exciting times ahead!! Stay tuned for photos, updates, ramblings and the occasional recipe!!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...