Friday, July 1, 2011

Easy Chicken Curry

So it's Friday night, you want something easy for tea, something tasty, something that may even resemble some sort of take away food...well my friends (we're all friends here right?!) have I got the meal for you!

This Butter Chicken is so very easy!

When you get home from work dice up 400g of chicken breast and chuck it in a bowl with 3 tbspns of the curry paste of your choice (I used Rogan Josh) and 200ml of european yoghurt. Mix it all together and throw it back in the fridge. Now go have a relaxing soak in the bath and a glass of wine, maybe paint your nails or something....(this is a very important part of the recipe so make sure you do it!)

Come back 2 hours later and cook the chicken in a fry pan over medium heat until just sealed on the outside. Add one diced capsicum and one diced onion. Stir it all around for a few minutes while you dance to your favourite song (did I mention you should also have the stereo on whilst making this meal?).

Add one 400g tin of whole peeled tomatoes and a 200g tin of drained sliced green beans. Do a bit more dancing, get your favourite DVD lined up, hell, pour yourself another wine.

Once the curry has simmered for 10 mins, stir through a few handfuls of baby spinach and your good to go! Throw a naan or two in the microwave for 20 seconds and you have yourself one awesome meal. So go snuggle up on the couch, watch a movie, enjoy your dinner and just relax....it's Friday!


It's not the best photo but honestly some meals are just not photo friendly!

I am off to dinner tonight with some lovely ladies from work and I intend to eat like a King because tomorrow I start a low residue diet in preperation for a colonoscopy / gastroscopy next Tuesday...low residue sounds very boring to me, no grains (not my brown rice and my porridge!!), no more then 300ml of milk a day (including if it's in stuff like ice cream etc) no fruit or vegies with skins and no yoghurt or jams with fruity chunks in them, amongst other things....fiddlesticks.

Anyway I'm off, hope you all have a fantastic weekend :)

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...