Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Week So Far.....

OH and I have been struck down with a bug this week which has left us both exhausted and feeling very sorry for ourselves. Hopefully now we are nearing the end of it as we had planned a night out for dinner tomorrow night (and I know OH has his heart set on a 3 tier seafood and steak extravaganza!) and a nice relaxing and much needed sleep in on Saturday.

Cupcake orders have been coming in thick and fast this week and I am pleased to say that we surpassed the $200 mark today! Yay!! I really am so thankful to everyone that has donated so far, it's such a fantastic effort and we are only two weeks in! But all these donations mean cupcakes galore - today alone I delivered 60! Everyone seems to automatically default to chocolate when I ask them what flavour cupcakes they want, so to make it slightly more exciting, I made some different frostings....the photo below is a selection of the ones that went out today...


L-R - Vanilla, Cookies and Cream, Coconut Rough, Choc Mint, Strawberry, Penuche (Brown Sugar Frosting) and Choc Fudge!


In other non-cupcake related news (are we sick of the cupcakes yet!?) my Nan cleared out all her old cookbooks over the weekend and was nice enough to offer them to me. I picked them up today and she had also given me her old round loaf tins, I remember these from when I was little and they always use to fascinate me, I can't wait to test them out! There are so many cookbooks there, but the best part is Nan's handwritten recipe books. At Christmas time, my Mum gave me a book of her handwritten recipes, which I was really excited about, so having my Nan's as well will be very special. I can't wait to have a look through them all - in fact I'm off to make myself a cup of tea and start doing so right now!!


Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...