Monday, May 20, 2013

Ice Cream Waffle Wafers...or Wafer Waffles?

Ahhhh I have been meaning to tell you about these Wafer Waffles....(or Waffle Wafers, I can't decide!) for ages now, but then I make something else and I write about that and this one just ends up as another lonely un-published draft. Well not any more.

A few weeks ago when it came our turn for dessert wars, Mr B had this vision in his head and was determined to make like an old fashioned banana split type sundae but with caramelised bananas served over ice cream and topped with whipped cream. In an effort to make some form of contribution to his vision, I meekly offered to try and make the wafers, which Mr B thought was an excellent idea. Ah hell I thought, I better try and track down a recipe! I found lots of different variations, but the one I settled on didn't use egg whites and sounded relatively simple. The original recipe did involve orange juice and white wine but I just plain old left them out!


To make these Ice Cream Waffle Wafers you will need

28g butter
65g sugar
1 egg
115g plain flour
65g cream

In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter and sugar.

Add the flour, egg and cream and mix to form a fairly soft dought. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.

Drop teaspoons of the mixture onto a heated greased waffle pan and cook for 2-3 mins or until golden on each side.

Remove onto a wire rack to cool.

I found that once ours cooled they were beautiful and crispy and just like a waffle cone. To make sure they stay this way, store them in an air tight container for 2-3 weeks.....but I guarantee you they will be all eaten well before then!

Enjoy!

Mrs B x

2 comments:

  1. What a simple, sweet and indulgent dessert! I've never made my own waffles/wafers before but must give this recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were fantastic :) I'd love to try them again on a bigger scale - maybe moulding them into a cone or sort of brandy snap shape while they are hot!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...