Thursday, October 20, 2011

Spring Pesto Pasta Salad

So this week I had a craving for pesto...like a HUGE craving for pesto, but I also had a HUGE craving for mince....very not cool coming from someone who is meant to be 99% vegetarian but I think all the good vegetarian eating I've been doing whilst OH is away, whilst delicious, has not helped my iron levels and I've been feeling a touch wonky the last few days so red meat it is.....


This recipe is really simple and will make 2 huge bowls. I've been eating them cold for dinner each night because a) I think pesto pasta has more flavour when served cold and b) it's actually been rather warm here for a change! This cold pasta dish is yummy and satisfying which makes it just perfect for a warm weather dinner!

All you need is

100g dry pasta
85g basil pesto (I used half a jar of Leggos pesto)
200g swiss brown mushrooms sliced
1 green capsicum diced
1 small onion diced
250g beef mince
salt and pepper

In a fry pan over medium high eat, add your onion and cook for 2-3 mins or until softened. Add the mince and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 7-10 mins or until browned.

Meanwhile cook the pasta as per packet directions.

Add the capsicum and mushrooms and stir through the pesto. Cook for 3-4 mins.

Stir the cooked pasta through the mince mixture.

Allow to cool and serve cold.

It's been so warm here today and I went for a huge walk with one of my friends and now I'm fair tuckered out! Time for a nanna nap me thinks!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...