Thursday, September 1, 2011

Caramel Nut Clusters and THAT cake!

Well with Fathers Day fast approaching I thought I better pull my finger out and make something for my Dad. Last year I baked and baked and baked for his Fathers Day present, but this year he is on a health kick so I toned it down a bit.

A few weeks ago at work, one of the ladies made this heavenly caramel nut slice that we all drooled over and she was nice enough to give us all the recipe so we could try it for ourselves. Initially I started off following the recipe, but then I decided to make some small tweeks here and there and this is how it ended up.



All you need is:

1.5 cups crushed biscuits
125g melted butter
1.5 cups crushed nuts (I used peanuts and walnuts)
1 cup dessicated coconut
1 tin condensed milk
.5 cup dark choc bits
.5 cup sultanas

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.

Push tablespoons of the mixture in greased mini muffin or normal sized muffin trays.

Bake at 180C for 15-20 mins or until they look a nice golden colour.

Let them cool in the pan before removing.

They will store in the refrigerator for a few weeks...if they last that long!!


And for the last few nights I have been flat out working on a cake for a lady at work. She asked me last Friday if I would make a lego cake for her son's birthday this week and I said yeah no worries, I mean how hard can a lego cake be....

I retract my previous statement....after a full night of baking last night and 3.5 hours of frosting tonight, it's finally done! And despite the fact that I am utterly exhausted, I am really happy with it :)


Did I mention I'm buggered?? I have been trying to figure out what sort of cake to take to work for my birthday next week and after the last few nights, anything with buttercream is out....soooooo any suggestions??

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...