Saturday, March 29, 2014

Tim Tam Balls

Recently I experienced a very random event.

I was given a whole heap of un-wanted Tim Tams to 'do something' with.....

I mean what is up with this whole un-wanted Tim Tams thing??

My first thought was to enjoy each and every one of them with a hot chocolate.....have you ever tried biting the opposite corners off your Tim Tam then using it to drink your hot chocolate and then quickly shoving the whole thing in your mouth as it goes all gooey and melty? It is down right delicious and one of my favourite winter indulgences.....but be warned it is slightly messy if you're not quick enough. The first time I tried it I got too carried away sucking my hot chocolate through my Tim Tam and only managed to shove half of it in my mouth while the other half fell into my drink, needless to say Mr B thought it was hilarious and I am now much quicker!

In the end I decided to put the Tim Tams to good use and make something for Mr B's lunches and when it comes to baking with these little babies there is nothing better (or easier) then the classic Tim Tam Balls.


Tim Tam Balls - Makes 10-12

1 x 250g pkt Tim Tams (whichever flavour you prefer)
250g cream cheese, at room temperature
Dessicated coconut to roll

Place the Tim Tams in the bowl of a food processor and process until they are down to fine crumbs.

Add the cream cheese and process until combined. Place the mixture in the fridge for at least 30 mins to firm up.

Roll the mixture into balls (this can get a little messy so keep the sink full of warm water for frequent hand washing!) and then roll each ball in dessicated coconut.

These will keep in the fridge for at least a week, but they are so more-ish there is no way they will last that long!

Enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...