Thursday, March 6, 2014

Peppered Beef Stir Fry

Like most people some nights I just want to come home and not have to cook dinner.

But unfortunately every night when I get home from work I'm starving.

Mr B and I have never been much for take away food, although our one vice is getting some hot chips from the shop 2 or 3 times a year and enjoying them with a loaf of fresh white bread, loads of butter and sauce.

I used to get jealous of the people who would just stop on the way home from work or school and pick up a heap of chinese food or those happy families you see on the KFC commercials devouring their table full of chicken, coleslaw, mashed potato and chips.....

Deep down however I know the reality is a little different and I would in all honesty prefer to make my own stir fry noodles or chicken burgers any day.....even when I am tired and hangy (hungry crossed with angry - not pretty).

Last week Mr B and  I whipped up this Peppered Beef Stir Fry and it was without a doubt just as good (if not better) than any beef stir fry I have had. If you can find it I definitely recommend using peppered beef but if not just add 1 tspn crushed black pepper with the garlic.


Peppered Beef Stir Fry - Serves 2

1 tbspn soy sauce
500g peppered beef, thinly sliced
1 red onion, diced
1 tbspn crushed garlic
2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
1 x broccoli, cut into small florets
1 x red capsicum
2 tbspn water
250g pkt steamed brown rice prepared as per packet directions

Heat a large non-stick wok over high heat and spray with oil. Add the beef and cook for 1-2 mins or until sealed.

Add the onion and stir fry for 2 minutes or until golden.

Add the garlic, celery, broccoli, capsicum and water. Stir fry for 2-3 mins or until vegetables are tender yet crisp. Add the soy sauce and stir fry for a further 1-2 mins.

Divide mixture between bowls or plates with the steamed rice.


Enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...