Friday, January 17, 2014

Chicken Curry

I have written about this particular curry before way back in the early days of this blog, so when I went to make it last week I referred back to those posts and found that

a) my photos were appalling
b) I really hadn't written the recipe out very well at all and
c) I'd like to think my cooking and presentation skills are slightly better now and have evolved from just chucking it all in a bowl......

Plus every time I make this particular recipe I have fine tuned it, even though it is very simple, down to a version that Mr B and I both think is pretty spot on. This is a super easy chicken curry recipe that is great for those mid-week meals plus it can be made with any curry paste you want or you could even make your own if you particularly feel the urge to!


Chicken Curry - Serves 4

500g chicken breast, cut into 3cm pieces
1/3 cup curry paste (I used Rogan Josh)
200g greek yoghurt
1 onion, diced
400g diced tomatoes
Green beans and steamed rice to serve

Combine the curry paste and yoghurt and set aside.

In a fry pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook for 5 mins or until soft.

Add the chicken and the yoghurt mixture. Stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 mins.

Add the diced tomatoes and bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 mins or until chicken is tender.

Serve with steamed rice and beans. I always put a little bit of butter, salt and pepper through my steamed rice but that's a personal preference, you can leave it plain if you want to)

Enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...