Friday, September 13, 2013

Raspberries and Cream Coconut Bars


A few weeks ago when I asked Mr B what he thought about this slice I wanted to make I clearly heard him say 'Yes dear, that looks lovely and I would be delighted to try it!'

In reality what he actually said was 'Um, nah I don't think so......'

Funny that.

So like all good wives I completely ignored him and made it anyway.

I have been wanting to make this recipe for a very long time now and never seemed to have all of the ingredients in the cupboard when I needed them and on this particular occasion the stars had finally aligned so I wasn't going to let a minor detail like Mr B not actually wanting to try the slice get in my way.

And just like all good wives, it turns out, I was right. Whilst I was cutting the slice up I delicately shoved a piece in Mr B's mouth and somewhere in there he did say it was down right awesome.....

Ok in reality what he actually said was 'it's pretty good' but seeing as he didn't spit it across the kitchen like the horrible tahini and honey slice incident earlier in the year I'm chalking it up as a win.


Raspberries and Cream Coconut Bars

125g butter
2/3 cup caster sugar plus 1/2 cup extra for the filling
1/3 cup dessicated coconut plus 3/4 cup extra for the filling
1.25 cups plain flour
300g frozen raspberries
4 eggs
1/3 cup self raising flour
300ml thickened cream

Preheat oven to 180C / 160C fan-forced.

Grease and line a slice tin with baking paper.

Using an electric mixer, beat butter and 2/3 cup caster sugar until light and fluffy.

Stir in 1/3 cup coconut and plain flour. Use your hands to bring the mixture together to form a soft dough. Press the mixture into the base of your prepared pan and bake for 15 mins or until lightly browned. Allow to cool.

Sprinkle frozen raspberries over the cooled base.

Whisk eggs and extra caster sugar until combined. Add self raising flour, extra coconut and cream. Mix until combined.

Pour mixture over raspberries and bake for 35-40 mins or until golden brown and set. This may take a little longer depending on your oven.

Cool completely in pan before removing and cutting into squares.

Enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...