Sunday, June 30, 2013

Italian Mozzarella Stuffed Arancini

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you here.....when I made the Italian Mozzarella Stuffed Arancini last week, I was expecting them to be a little bit average.

I mean don't get me wrong, I thought they would be lovely, but I was kind of thinking they might be a little bit bland and altogether un-blog-worthy.....

As it turns out, they were incredible.

My previous favourite caramelised onion risotto ball recipe has been cast aside in shame and replaced with these little flavour packed babies.

But I have to admit, in my pre-dinner non-believer state....I didn't take a photo of them. But earlier that week  I did get this photo of the super moon through Mr B's telescope so I figure that pretty much makes us even.....


To make these Italian Arancini you will need:

1 tbspn oil
3 cups of chicken stock
3/4 cup arborio rice
1 onion, diced
1 tspn crushed garlic
1 tbspn Gourmet Garden Italian Herbs
1/3 tspn chilli
200g Mozzarella (cut into 12 cubes)
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 tbspn butter
1 cup panko breadcrumbs

To begin we need to make our risotto. This is best done the night before as it needs to spend some time chilling out in the fridge.

Heat oil in a fry pan over medium high heat. Add onion and cook for 3-5 mins.

Add the garlic and cook for a further 2-3 mins.

Add the rice and stir to combine.

Add 1 cup of stock and cook until absorbed. Repeat with remaining 2 cups of stock. This should take around 15-20 mins. The rice should be tender, but still firm to bite. If the rice is not yet cooked, add another 1/2 - 3/4 cup of water and cook until absorbed.

Stir through the chilli, herbs, parmesan and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into a bowl and allow to cool in the fridge overnight.

To assemble your arancini you will need to begin by pre-heating the oven to 160C.

Form tablespoons of the risotto mixture into a ball and press a cube of mozzarella into the middle. Ensure the mozzarella is completely covered by the risotto or it will leak out during cooking.

Roll the arancini in the panko breadcrumbs and place on a greased oven tray. Lightly drizzle with oil and bake for 15-10 mins or until crisp and golden.

Serve with salad and steamed vegetables.

Enjoy!!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...