Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Peanut Butter and Banana Bread

Recently for my Dad's birthday, I borrowed a container off my Mum, filled it up with baked goodies, wrapped it up and gave it to him as a gift. 

Last week my Mum gave me the container back and later on that night when I realised it was actually her's to begin with, I sent her a txt message informing her of her error. 

The answer - We were giving it back so you could fill it up again! 

The cheek! 

They are lucky I love them and I thought that was a fabulous idea! 

So this weekend I got to baking. I had some peanut butter in the cupboard leftover from making this Peanut Butter and Jelly Slice and I had a hankering to pair it with banana bread. And that is exactly what I did! It smells incredible and the sneaky nibble I had (sorry Mum and Dad!) backed up my theory that it was amazing. To be honest, they nearly only got half a loaf.....but I know that I would have sat down and demolished it slathered in butter in one sitting and that would possibly scar Mr B for life so we just won't go there. 


Peanut Butter and Banana Bread

3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1.5 cups plain flour
3/4 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn ground cinnamon
1/2 tspn ground allspice
1/2 tspn salt
1 tspn vanilla essence
1 tbspn Cinnamon Sugar (optional)

Pre-heat oven to 180C and grease and line a 9x5inch loaf tin.

In the bowl of your electric mixer add the banana, peanut butter, caster sugar and brown sugar. Beat until combined.

Add the remaining ingredients, except for the cinnamon sugar. Beat well.

Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth the surface with a spatula. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the top.

Bake for 45-50 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 20 mins before removing from the pan to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely....or cut yourself off a slice and enjoy it fresh out of the oven while it's still warm!

Enjoy!

Mrs B x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...