Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cheese Puffs - Take Two!!

Awhile ago I made these Cheese Puffs and Mr B and I thought they were fantastic. Then last weekend I made them again but with a few small tweaks. As it turns out, the first lot I made were more like Cheese Scones...but the second lot....they were what a Cheese Puff is all about!! The second lot were much more airy and cheesy and flavoursome then the first lot and Mr B proceeded to demolish them until I stepped in  and firmly remind him they were for his lunches! 


Cheese Puffs - Take Two! 

1.5 cups grated tasty cheese
1 cup plain flour
2 tspn baking powder
1 egg, lightly beaten
95 ml milk
1/2 stock cube (I used Massel Vegetable Stock Cubes)

Pre-heat oven to 240C and grease 2 baking trays.

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.

Place tablespoons of the mixture onto the trays with roughly a 3-4cm gap inbetween.

Reduce oven heat to 160C and bake for 10-15 mins or until golden.

Serve warm with butter or they will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.


This recipe made about 12 so if you have hungry little munchkins in your house, like Mr B, then I suggest you double it.....or prepare to make it frequently!!

Mrs B xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...