Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Babies and Cheese Puffs!

I have to start by saying that you may have seen me mention my gorgeous friend who is pregnant?? Well yesterday, smack on her due date, she gave birth to a beautiful, sweet, little boy and I tell you what it just makes my heart swell to bursting point, I am so very very happy and excited for her and her partner and their lil bubba Chopper!! Not only has she been a picture of radiance and calm and health throughout the whole pregnancy, but she goes into labour right on the day she is due...I mean what are the odds?? No seriously...what are they?! To be honest, it seems like she has only been pregnant for a week or two it has gone so fast and Mr B and I literally did a happy jig around the lounge room last night when we heard the news. It really is taking all my might to stay put and not head down to the hospital and scale the walls mission impossible style to see them..... now where is my black beanie!?!?

Ok moving on because now I am humming the mission impossible theme song and I think Mr B is onto me....

Have you ever found yourself in a position where it's late Sunday afternoon and not only do you have 72 cupcakes to make, but you also have to write in your blog, feed your lambs, straighten your hair, make lunches for tomorrow AND cook something for your husband's lunch box too!?!?! And somewhere in there you probably need to do several loads of washing and hang them out as well....

No?

Just me?

Well I'm here to tell you it's totally do-able....if you pick your recipes right and your palm the lunch making and the washing hanging out onto your husband...after all, you are making delicious cheese puffs for his lunches!

Cheese Puffs

For this super duper easy tasty and all round fantastic recipe you will need:

4 cups grated cheese
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup milk
2 eggs
Paprika or some sort of seasoning

Pre-heat oven to 150C and line and grease 3 baking trays with baking paper.

Whisk the eggs and milk together in a large bowl.

Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.

Drop heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the trays and bake for 20 mins or until golden.

Wait until they have cooled down before you remove them from the baking paper...when they are hot they stick to it and the bottoms fall out and it's all bad.

These are so easy and tasty and versatile - lunch boxes, morning teas, high teas, friday night drinks nibbles, served on the side of a casserole....anything at all!!


Oh and ah just for the record, I ended up hanging the washing out myself and I think Mr B took a banana for lunch.....

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...