Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Creamy Chicken and Vegie Pie

Ok so I forgot to take a photo of the chicken pie....this is how it went down - I was cooking the mix thinking gee this looks good, I should get a photo, then I thought no I'll get one when it's in the dishes. It was in the dishes and I thought gee this looks good, where's the camera...oh never mind I'll get one when it's got the gorgeous pastry on top...then we were sitting there after dinner saying how delicious it was and I thought @#$%%!! So...no photo....my bad. But it was delicious!

Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Pie
200g chicken breast diced
2 x zucchini diced
250g button mushrooms
1 x capsicum diced
430g tin of creamed corn
1 pkt pre-made cheese sauce (around 170g)
1 x onion diced
1 x sheet puff pastry
2 sticks celery diced.

In a fry pan over medium heat cook your onion until lightly browned. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 mins until just sealed on all sides.
Add zucchini, mushrooms, capsicum and celery. Give everything a good stir and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 mins until the vegies start to soften.
Add the creamed corn and cheese sauce. Stir well and simmer for 7-10 mins.
Spoon into ramekins (we got two decent sized pies out of this, but you could get 3-4 smaller ones if you were going to serve with a salad).
Cover each ramekin with pastry put a small slit in the middle to let any steam out. Brush with a little egg wash (milk or butter works equally well).
Bake for around 20 mins until pastry is puffed and golden.

Lovely pie for a cold winter's night!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...