Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mediterannean Style Prawns

Ok so personally I have major issues with most seafood, but seeing as OH loves it so much, occasionally I'll cook him a treat (and I usually end up with a little treat for dinner myself!). OH was given a seafood cookbook for Christmas and lately he seems to be going through a prawn phase so I found a recipe I liked the sound of and decided to give it a go tonight (also possibly due to the fact that I had some Quorn spinach and cheese schnitzels in the freezer I was dying to try!)


I know that is a huge serving, but seeing as he doesn't get home cooked prawns that often, he likes a big serve when he finally gets the chance!

So for these lil babies (which OH has informed me were very very nice) you will need:

250g cooked, de-veined and shelled prawns.
3 spring onions thinly sliced
1 tspn crushed garlic
1 tin of tomato supreme (or about 1 cup of tomato passata)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tspn crushed / wet mediterannean herbs
salt and pepper to season
Couscous to serve

Cook the spring onions and garlic in a fry pan over medium heat for 2-3 mins.
Add wine and simmer for another 2-3 mins or until it has reduced by half.
Stir through tomatoe supreme and mediterannean herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
Simmer mixture for about 5 mins or until mixture has thickened.
Add prawns and stir through until well coated in the sauce. Cook for a further 2 mins - you are basically just heating the prawns up here.
Serve with couscous.

Now OH only got one meal out of this recipe, but as you can see it is massive so I reckon it would do two normal people!

And on a side note - my Quorn spinach and cheese schnitzel was freakin awesome. It was absolutely delicious and is officially my new favourite vegetarian freezer meal. I always have a box of vegetarian burgers or something in the freezer coz on Fri or Sat night once a week we have an 'easy' tea which usually involves steak and chips for OH and something vegetarian and chips for me! I had been on a kick with the Sanitarium Not Burgers, but they have officially been shafted now! I know the portion sizes are a touch small (but thats really not a bad thing) and they are a bit pricey but they are so worth it, I can't wait to try the rest of the range now.

Happy Monday peoples!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...