Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pizziola CousCous and Some Xmas Treats!

Last week OH was away for work so I was seeking a quick and easy meal that I could make using what we have in the cupboard.

In the end I settled on this, and I am so glad I did, it was delicious!

Pizziola CousCous

100g baby spinach
1 capsicum
1 onion
1 zucchini
40g ham
1 tspn wet garlic
1 tspn wet italian herbs
400g tin diced tomatoes
50g button mushrooms
50g couscous

Dice all your vegies.
Add onion and herbs to a fry pan over medium heat and cook for 2-3 mins
Add vegies (except spinach) and stir until they are well coated in the herbs.
Add diced tomatoes and simmer for 5-7 mins or until vegies are tender.
Meanwhile place couscous in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Place a tea towel over the bowl. After 2 mins, fluff couscous with a fork and add to the tomato mix.
Stir through ham and spinach.
Serve topped with grated cheese or a sprinkle of parmesan if you wish.


This was enough for me to have a huge bowl for dinner plus a little bowl for lunch the next day so you could probably get two normal sized meals out of it!

I went shopping yesterday, just browsing in my lunch break, and look what I found!


I couldn't go past it once I saw it, it is just the most adorable little christmas bowl for treats or fruit or anything really...I have images of a giant ice cream sundae in it...but at the moment I am being good and keeping my fruit in it!

I have just been to a Latin polefit class and oh my god, totally new world of pain compared to normal polefit, it's more focused on your core whereas regular polefit works your arms more....my god...I sneezed before and it nearly made me cry, which made me laugh...and then we were back to the crying! But it's all good, I had a blast and can't wait to go back next Thursday!

Em x

1 comment:

  1. Im making this cous cous tonight! can't wait! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...