Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Madness and Mountain Bread Lasagne!

This morning was not a happy monday. I was so tired. I don't know why but I have never slept well on a Sunday night, possibly because i don't want the weekend to be over or because I know that if I do fall asleep the next thing I will see is Monday morning, but either way Sunday nights are frustrating and Monday mornings are painful. The weekend was not too bad, nothing highly exciting but I got the house work done, got the majority of my stock on ebay, made a meat lasagne (for OH) and a vegie lasagne (for me) for Mon and Wed night's tea and we had OH's mother, sister and two year old nephew around for a roast last night. So all in all not too bad really.

Anyway I had today pegged for being boring and miserable, and whilst work was lacking I still managed to find several highlights in the day.

First of which being my brekkie:


Yesterday I stewed some apples (heaps easier then I thought....not really sure what I thought it involved but still it was so easy!) and this morning I heated them up in the microwave then poured a tub of vanilla yoghurt over them and it was devine. Possibly my new favourite breakfast!

Second of which being this pair of TUK shoes that I found, lil skulls and cupcakes, adorable, cute, sexy, I am in love...they will be mine!!!



And when I got home my cupcake toppers for the RSPCA Cupcake Day had arrived, here is a selection of what I got:

I am making them for my work, my partner's work and both my parent's workplaces so I figured the trucks and tools for OH and Dad, the flowers, shoes, handbags and teapots for Mum (she is a nurse) and I will just do chocolates and oreos for my work I think....not sure the guys I work with can be trusted with lil plastic picks.

And last but certainly not least:

My Meat Lover's Mountain Bread Lasagne

My Vegetarian Mountain Bread Lasagne

Now traditional meat lasagne is dead easy, mince, bolognese sauce, bechamel sauce, mountain bread / lasagne sheets and cheese....I love this version of lasagne but OH has a real thing for cheese and bechamel so every now and then I make him one drenched in all his favourite things and I make myself a vegie one. This was the first time I had tried it with mountain bread and it was a massive success, saved on calories and still delicious :) So here is the recipe for my Vegetarian Lasagne:

Vegetarian Lasagne

6 sheets mountain bread
500g Button Mushies (sliced)
4 x Zucchini (sliced)
4 x Carrot (sliced)
1 pkt Baby Spinach
1 x Red Capsicum (diced)
1 x Green Capsicum (diced)
1 x Onion
2 x tins Diced tomatoes
Basil and Garlic
Salt and Pepper
Grated Cheese
Bechamel if desired.

Heat oven to 180C (fan forced).
Meanwhile place onion in fry pan and cook for 2-3 mins.
Add zucchini, carrot and capsicum, cooking for 8-10 mins or until carrot begins to soften.
Add diced tomatoes and season with basil and garlic to taste.
Simmer for 10 mins. Stir through spinach.
In a baking dish layer mountain bread and vegetables, finishing with mountain bread. Top with bechamel (if desired) and grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 15-20 mins or until cheese is golden brown.

I made half this recipe and it turned out to be 2 massive serves - but still only about 370 cals per serve (or 3 reasonable serves) so you may get 4 generous serves or 6 light serves from this one.

After work tonight I had a good half hour work out on the pole and my arms are sore, my legs are aching and I feel fantabulous for it :)

Hope everyone else survived manic Monday!

Tomorrow night we are going to my parent's for dinner, so the menu is a mystery but there will be photos!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...