Monday, May 12, 2014

Mothers Day 2014

Yesterday was Mothers Day which of course in our family means a day full of family, relaxation and just the right amount of spoiling.


This year was extra special because Mr B's Mum, who is a shift worker, had the morning off so was able to join us for breakfast.


Mr B and I were in charge of breakfast so we decided to go with one of our favourite dishes - the 'Sunday Morning Spectaculars.' Basically it is what we have for breakfast every Sunday, coffee (mandatory), buttery toast, bacon (for the non-vegetarians), tomato, avocado and our homemade yoghurt balls. Believe me it tastes just as 'spectacular' as it sounds!


This year was also a little bit special because next year will be my very first Mothers Day.....

I am beyond pleased to finally tell you that Mr B and I are currently 18 weeks pregnant with our little TJ and could not be more excited or proud or completely in awe of the whole thing if we tried.....

Even though I'm not quite a Mum yet, apparently being an 'expectant Mum' means you're also entitled to super cute Mothers Day gifts and cards.....this is definitely something I could get used to!

You will notice in the photo there is a pencil.....that is a 2B pencil from my Dad.....because I'm a Mum-To-Be.....get it!?


After breakfast, the boys disappeared to the shed in record time....that should have been my first sign that mischief was afoot.

Seconds later this is the sight Mum, Mr B's Mum and I saw whizzing past the lounge room window......


Mr B had been doing some work on the project bike him and Dad have and was excited that he got it going, which of course meant they had to take it for a test ride. Boys will be boys.


After breakfast we headed over to see Mum's Mum - so far we had seen four Mothers, and all before lunch time! We were on fire!!


In saying that however, it was lunch time, and we had places to be!

Dad and I had managed to track down a new local venue called Glen Albyn Estate offering Mothers Day High Tea that just happened to be set in the most stunning location - good food and a beautiful view?! We were in!


When we arrived at the Estate, Mum, Dad and Mr B were given a complimentary glass of champagne. Mr B is not a champagne drinker, but never one to turn down a free drink, he decided to give it a go.


We were soon seated for our High Tea and it didn't take long to figure out that we were actually seated above the pool which had a perspex cover over it. It was very different and very pretty....but also a little bit freaky, every time someone walked past our table my Dad's chair would rock with the water!

The savoury food soon came out and it was delicious, but the highlight was definitely the dessert selection. We were treated to a decadent selection of strawberry meringues with chocolate cream and fairy floss, baked ricotta cheesecake with stewed rhubarb, orange panna cotta and gooey chocolate brownies. Everything was incredible but I think my favourite was the ricotta cheesecake which surprised me because I thought it would be my least favourite!


Thumbs up all round!


And just when we thought our bellies were going to burst, the wait staff brought around giant trays of fresh baked scones with jam and cream......and let's be honest, no high tea is complete without a good scone and of course, a cup of tea!


By the time we had finished lunch it was close to 4pm so we headed home for presents!


It was such a big day and I have to say that by the end of it we were all buggered! But at the same time it was a really lovely day. I love any day that involves us all spending the day together and I can not believe that this time next year we will have a new little addition to our family to share it with!

Mrs B xx

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope you had a fantastic mothers day. Next year will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) next year will be a whole new ball game and I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have read you blog for ages and you have just made my day, I am so happy for you both...Congratulations on the fabulous news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's always nice to know someone is out there reading :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...