Saturday, January 26, 2013

Marshmallow Dessert

Happy Australia Day everyone!!

Mr B is currently out with his friends (in the wind and the cold) floating down the Derwent River....some of them are in inflatable boats, some of them are in kayaks....either way, I am curled up on the couch with a hot cup of coffee and a cheese puff fresh out of the oven and wouldn't switch places with him for the world!

So today I thought I would share Mr B's favourite dessert ever with you because I think it would be the perfect dish to take along to an Australia Day BBQ or picnic, plus it's so very easy!

I will admit that when Mr B first told me about this dessert we hadn't been together very long and I thought he was out of his mind, I mean hello, sour cream and mandarins do not make for a nice dessert, but I was trying to be a nice girlfriend so one night when Mr B's Mum made it for us, I gave it a go and was very pleasantly surprised. The sweetness of the marshmallows mixed with the sour cream and the tart juicy mandarins makes for a pretty delicious dessert and I can understand why Mr B and his brothers and sisters always fight over who will get to take home the leftovers!


To make this Marshmallow Dessert for yourself this is all you need:

500ml tub of full fat sour cream
250g of marshmallows
310g of mandarin segments, drained
1 tspn gelatin
2 tbspn boiling water

In a bowl, combine the sour cream with the marshmallows and mandarins.

In a small jug, mix the gelatin and boiling water until the gelatin has dissolved.

Stir the gelatin mixture through the marshmallow mixture until everything is well combined.

Smooth the surface of the marshmallow mixture and place in the fridge overnight to set.

Overnight, the marshmallows will change to like a cheesecake consistency and you end up with this beautiful creamy marshmallow dessert with these pockets of juicy mandarin. And if you're not normally a fan of mandarin, don't let that bother you because normally I'm not either!

Well I best be off anyway, I have to go see if I can find Mr B floating down the river somewhere!!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...