Thursday, December 1, 2011

Birthday Suprises

So I think I mentioned to you all before that for OH's Bday I had decided to take him on a suprise holiday to Queensland (about a 3 hour flight from where we live...and about 20C warmer most days!)

We had the most amazing trip. The weather was gorgeous, the cocktails were cold, the view was stunning and the company was perfect :)

Let me show you the trip in pictures....


"SUPRISE!! We have a plane to catch!!"


Watching the sunset on our first night at Caloundra...



And enjoying some of the local lobster....


Looking down from our balcony to the resort's pool and jacuzzi....


We were up early every morning and down at the beach for a walk and paddle



Not far from where we were staying was the famous Ettamogah Pub, it's such a cool place!


And also in the area was the Big Pineapple....


And the Ginger Factory! I even found myself a sailor!


But who needs a sailor when you have a man like this??


There is also a chocolate shop at the Ginger Factory....would you believe these shoes are made of chocolate??? I don't know wether to eat them or wear them!


And how cute is this lil evil elf?? I just wanted to take him home!!


We even found a Harley shop....and I nearly came home with a new toy!


But that was nothing compared with what I wanted to bring home from here! This Christmas shop was HUGE and amazing, I felt like a kid on...well on christmas morning!!


We had lunch at a place called Legends Cafe which was like an old American Diner filled with all sorts of Warner Bros. and movie memorabillia...


...and then we checked into our next hotel which was located on the Gold Coast...and again the view was stunning (the beach looked pretty good too!!)


To try and escape the weather we went to an indoor mini golf course...OH blames the fact that he lost on having to constantly do battle with dinosaurs and being kidnapped by King Kong....




This was the view from our balcony at night...just when you thought it couldn't be more beautiful.


On OH's Bday we went to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner, the meals were amazing, the cocktails were great, but the best part?? When the entire restaurant sung OH Happy Birthday :)


And when we finally arrive home from our big trip, tired and burnt but relaxed and happy I finally got to give OH the birthday cake I made for him :) It's a penguin made from chocolate mud cake, his body is covered with chocolate frosting, his eyes are coated in white chocolate and his feet and nose are covered in banana frosting. I hollowed out the belly and filled it with vanilla ice cream before I served it and scattered some sour penguin lollies around. I'm so happy with how it came out!


Happy Birthday to my gorgeous boy xxx

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...